Here’s my top 10 racquetball memories from 2015, ordered as they occurred, not in their order of importance to me:
10) 2015 Florida Pro-Am tournament in Sarasota. Won my first age division gold medal.
8) Becoming a Level 1 Certified Referee with USA Racquetball.
7) Taking over as the League Director at my L.A. Fitness location when the prior director moved to Florida just after his 72nd birthday.
6) Playing on Team Gearbox for the second year.
5) Sponsoring and playing in the 2015 Grace Warrior WRT Atlanta Open. Seeing some of the best in the world play in my backyard was a great experience.
4) Getting to the semifinals in two of the three divisions I played in at the 2015 United Healthcare US Open.
3) Refereeing at the 2015 HOPE for a Cure Breast Cancer Shootout.
2) Sponsoring and playing in the Galaxy Custom Printing IRT Tier 1 Pro-Am. Watching Alvaro Beltran win in the finals was an amazing experience. His semifinal match against Daniel de la Rosa was fairly amazing as well.
1) Playing mixed doubles and taking 2nd place at the Georgia State Doubles tournament in the Mixed A division.